The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has issued its latest Summary for Policy Makers – and it’s the usual farrago of dubious science, wailing hysteria and worryingly eco-fascistic policy prescriptions.
- Sea levels are rising. [As they have been, by the way, at the same harmless pace, for centuries]
- The crisis is so dire that even if all the countries stick to their Paris Accord commitments, it still won’t be enough to stop the planet heating by 2 degrees C or more.
- Drastic lifestyle changes must be made, drastic carbon emissions cuts must be implemented to stave off further disaster
- $2.4 trillion must be spent by 2035 on sustainable energy projects such as wind and solar
- Climate-related risks to health, livelihoods, food security, water supply, human security, and economic growth are projected to increase as the planet warms
- Vector borne diseases such as malaria and dengue fever will likely increase
One observer – Benny Peiser of the Global Warming Policy Foundation – describes it as the IPCC’s “Hail Mary”: its last, desperate shot at trying to scare a world which just doesn’t care any more.
Read the rest at Breitbart.