September 17, 2009
For opponents of President Obama, the ACORN scandal is the gift that goes on giving.
Here’s the latest episode (courtesy of BigGovernment) in which intrepid investigative reporters James O’Keefe (the one dressed as a pimp, with statutory cane and fur coat) and Hannah Giles (the worryingly convincing whore) decide to pay a visit to the offices of President Obama’s favourite left-wing “non-profit organisation” in San Bernadino, California. The ACORN representative gives helpful advice on how to run a whorehouse, how to keep under age whores in check (beat them); she enthuses about the pimp’s plans to use his funds to run for Congress, and names names of the politicians with whom she deals herself.
British readers may be somewhat puzzled by the excitement this is generating in the US blogosphere. Isn’t it just an amusing Candid-Camera-style stunt? Why should anyone care what a few rather sorry-looking people in some run down local charity offices say?
The first point is, ACORN isn’t the Salvation Army. ACORN (Association Of Community Organizations For Reform Now) is the largest radical group in the US with “a 1960s-bred agenda of anti-capitalism, central planning, victimology, and government handouts to the poor.”
Sol Stern gives chapter and verse on this in an excellent City Journal investigation.
“It is no surprise that ACORN preaches a New Left–inspired gospel, since it grew out of one of the New Left’s silliest and most destructive groups, the National Welfare Rights Organization. In the mid-sixties, founder George Wiley forged an army of tens of thousands of single minority mothers, whom he sent out to disrupt welfare offices through sit-ins and demonstrations demanding an end to the “oppressive” eligibility restrictions that kept down the welfare rolls. His aim: to flood the welfare system with so many clients that it would burst, creating a crisis that, he believed, would force a radical restructuring of America’s unjust capitalist economy.”
“The flooding succeeded beyond Wiley’s wildest dreams. From 1965 to 1974, the number of single-parent households on welfare soared from 4.3 million to 10.8 million, despite mostly flush economic times. By the early 1970s, one person was on the welfare rolls in New York City for every two working in the city’s private economy. Yet far from sparking a restructuring of American capitalism, this explosion of the welfare rolls only helped to create a culture of family disintegration and dependency in inner-city neighborhoods, with rampant illegitimacy, crime, school failure, drug abuse, non-work, and poverty among a fast-growing underclass.”
The second, even more important point to remember is what this suggests about President Obama’s core values. I say “suggests” because nobody save the President, his wife, and his trusted political associates (such as his team of often highly dubious czars) seems actually to know what they are, and this is what has got at least one half of America very worried.
We know that he has worked closely with ACORN in the past and that he remains a great admirer. Stanley Kurtz showed in an investigation for National Review last year that Obama helped train ACORN staff, that some of his colleagues were involved in “direct action” like the storming of Chicago city council and that his “long service”led many members to serve as his “shock troops” in his early political campaigning. But no one has yet got to the heart of what his precise involvement was – or indeed is.
Could it be that Obama is ACORN’s Manchurian Candidate – imposing on the US the hard left welfare agenda of his sponsors, soulmates, and fellow travellers in the innocuous guise of healthcare reform, “bailouts” for the economy, and environmentalism?
Obama’s libtard supporters would no doubt dismiss such theories as “Conservative wing nuttery”.They’d probably say the same about some of the very telling questions posed by MSher1 below my last piece on this subject:
1. His father was a radical in Kenya. The best friend of his maternal grandfather, who raised him, was an avowed communist. We have no information on his mother or stepfather. Not his fault who his ancestors are, but children of communists tend to be communists. Candidate Obama certainly used the word “redistribution.” Continual references to tax cuts for 95% or some such percentage of the population, when only about 30% or some such percentage pay taxes certainly means redistribution. What are his beliefs? No one has asked.
2. Speaking of family, what has happened to his Kenyan aunt who turned out to be living illegally in the U.S. in publicly funded housing? How is it that family-man Obama didn’t know about his aunt, and millionaire Obama wasn’t financially helping her?
3. Speaking of millionaire Obama, the millions supposedly come from book sales. (We won’t bother with his obscure financial dealings with Tony Resko, who has close links with people who were lobbyists for Iraq. Neither the financial dealings or Resko’s links to Iraq have been investigated.) But let’s go back to the books. Two of them published before he was a national figure. Now how did that happen? Not so easy, as an unknown, to get books published. And, before he was a national figure, who actually bought the books? Any chance that those who had been “mentoring” (i.e., grooming) him got those publishing contracts and arranged purchases of copies as a way of getting money to him?
4. There has never been a discussion of why he spent a year in Pakistan as a young man, how he got there, what passport he used and what he did while there. Without details of that trip, he would never get a basic security clearance.
5. Speaking of young man Obama and those who have been “mentoring” (i.e., grooming) him. He started college at Occidental, a not prestigious school. By his own admission, he was a poor student there. Yet somehow he transferred to a Columbia, a very prestigious university. Lateral transfers of bad students from a small-time school to a big-time elite university doesn’t happen, unless someone influential makes it happen. Who made that happen? Who had identified Obama as worth helping so early in his life, and why? No one has ever asked.
6. Obama’s early career as a “community organizer” has never been explored. Who did he organize to do what? The press has never asked. The one thing known is that he was a lawyer to the group ACORN – oddly enough, a group very involved in registering voters and now involved in numerous scandals regarding voter and other kinds of fraud. Oh, ACORN is funded with federal funds. There was going to be a Congressional investigation of ACORN, then it was scrubbed. No explanation.
There are plenty more questions where those came from – scroll down below the blog and have a look.
Call me a Right-wing nut, but I reckon the Manchurian Candidate has got some answering to do.
- How conservative pranksters made idiots of Obama’s favourite left-wing charity ACORN
- My problem with Barack Obama isn’t that he’s black…
- How ‘tech-savvy’ Barack Obama lost the health care debate thanks to sinister Right-wing blogs like this one
- Why did Congressman Joe Wilson need to apologize for calling Obama a liar?