(H/T Maltesertoo – who posted the litany below, for which I take no credit, in comments. It’s proving so popular I think it deserves a wider circulation.)
1) Only in America could the President talk
about the greed of the rich at a $35,000 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
2) Only in America could people claim that the government still
discriminates against black Americans when we have a black President, a
black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal work force is black
while 12% of the population is black.
3) Only in America could we have had the two people most responsible
for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department
and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee, BOTH turn out
to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
4) Only in America can we have terrorists kill people in the name of
Allah and have the President and the media react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
5) Only in America would we make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of
thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who
sneaks into the country illegally just become American citizens.
6) Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the
budget and sticking by the country’s Constitution be mocked by the President
and labeled “extremists” by the media.
7) Only in America are you required to present a driver’s license to
cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
8) Only in America could the President and the media blame oil
companies for gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return
on equity invested in a most major oil companies is less than half that of
a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
9) Only in America could the government collect more tax dollars from
the people than any nation in recorded history, but still spend over a
trillion dollars more than it has per year while the President complain that
there is not nearly enough money to do what he wants.
10) Only in America could the people who pay 86% of all income taxes
be accused by the President of not paying their “fair share” on
behalf of the people who don’t pay any income taxes at all.